As Creepy As Clowns

Dark Clouds Rain Down Tears Washing Away Swirling Colors From The Clown's Face..

LOWDOWN ON THE CLOWN Issue #3: Florida Man Inherits Over 13,000 Clown Items

Via the Daily News

So ... many ... clowns: Jack ‘Clown Jackey’ Kline amassed a huge collection of clown items over more than 50 years, until his death at age 81 in 2010.

If you have a fear of clowns, turn back now.

Richard Levine doesn’t have that option. He inherited more than 13,000 clown-related knickknacks from his father-in-law, and now he has to figure out what to do with them.

Clown paintings, dolls and figurines, masks and costumes — if there’s a clown on it, Levine probably has it.

Legacy of laughter: Richard Levine with some of the 13,000 clown-related items he inherited from his father-in-law.

The collection is currently sitting in a warehouse in Davie, Fla., but Levine, 58, thinks it should be “in a museum or something,” he told the Sun-Sentinel.

He’s actually been sitting on the massive clown cache since 2010, when Jack "Clown Jackey" Kline died at age 81.

Kline spent more than 50 years amassing his hoard. He ran a storefront museum in Winter Haven, Fla. called Clown Rushmore to show it off, and visited sick kids in the hospital in clown regalia.

After he died, his son-in-law Levine — who also runs the sprinkler business Kline founded — made six 400-mile round trips from Davie to Winter Haven to box up the collection and stash it away.

"My wife and I had to make a decision. Leave it up there and probably lose it, or bringing it down here," he told the Sun-Sentinel.

Richard Levine says he is slowly starting to gain enthusiasm for his cache of clownabilia.

He hopes to sell most of the clown items and donate some to charity, but he plans to keep at least a few of them.

"I am slowly starting to like them and getting enthusiastic about them,” he said. “I can see how Jack was into them.”

But he’s not as much of an equal-opportunity clown lover as his late father-in-law.

"I don't go for the sad clowns much,” he said. “But I really enjoy the happy ones.”

If you don’t already have a fear of clowns, just stare at this picture for 30 seconds before bedtime.

abartkewicz@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/joke-man-inherits-13k-item...

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boy! that clown wasn't clowning around when it came to collecting clown stuff!

I bet living with 13k clown's is like living in a circus...

Living with that many clowns you know car pooling has to be an adventure. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by maggot.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service